Anti-Port scan.... (Port Monitor / Logger)

Benjamin Schollnick rfreedm1 at nospam.rochester.rr.com
Sun Jul 25 15:24:24 EDT 1999

Folks,

	I know this is a fairly simple program, but this is just a thought
right now.

I'm having some activity on my modem that I can't explain, but I run
OS/2....
So I can't use NUKENABBER, etc, for Windows to monitor the ports on my
"server" box.

I was thinking, it'd be easy to write a python program to grab a port,
and
log the access's.....

But then I was thinking, but how would I grab all the ports
conviently, and
not have to write a billizion sock call statements....

Anyone got a suggestion on how to do this....I would also probably
want to
make it selective, for example, so that I can have my web server still
operational
while this is online....

I'm stumped, but of course, I just got done with moving, and need to
finish unpacking,
etc....

			Benjamin