Language extensibility (was: Why is tcl broken?)

Eugene Leitl eugene.leitl at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Sun Jul 4 20:22:05 EDT 1999

Lars Marius Garshol writes:

 > * Eugene Leitl
 > |
 > | Church, A., The Calculi of Lambda Conversion, Princeton University
 > | Press, Princeton, N.J., 1941
 >
 > According to David Harel's Algorithmics, the correct reference is
 > actually S.C. Kleene "A Theory of Positive Integers in Formal Logic",
 > Amer. J. Math. 57 (1935), pp. 153-173,219-244.

Wildly off-topic, but fun: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/users/mgh1001/limericks.html

One of the most prolific writers of Limericks was John von Neumann,
who is said to have written thousands of them. One of my favorites
of his augurs the development of VR ...

     There was a young man called Kleene,
     Who invented a f@#&ing machine,
         Concave, or convex,
         It fit either sex,
     And was remarkably easy to clean!

     - John von Neumann

Thanks to Jim Horning for this version, which may well be the more correct:

     There was a young man called Kleene,
     Who invented a f@#&ing machine,
         Concave and convex,
         It could screw either sex,