J, you can't pass your own test.

jam jam at newimage.com
Fri Jul 16 17:39:36 EDT 1999

On Fri, Jul 16, 1999 at 03:30:14PM +0000, srenner at lycosmail.com wrote:

> The original post, while confused and not giving enough information, and
> somewhat resentful in tone, did not deserve the spleen heaped upon it in
> the first response, which was unrepresentative of the general tone of
> this newsgroup.

I completely understand. however, that is the way I felt about the tone of
the post to which I was responding. someone was complaining about the price
of the python books, and I took major offense to that. it is and remains one
voice amongst many, and the fact that more respected contributors than
myself *did* take the time to respond to such a post says a lot for the
community as a whole, which is far more important than my own political
standing in the group at the moment.

regards,