pow()

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at callware.com
Wed Jul 21 15:49:02 EDT 1999

Hi All--

Gordon "He's been eating those funny mushrooms again" McMillan wrote:

> Ivan Van Laningham wrote:
>
> > I couldn't find an explanation for the three-argument version of
> > pow() on DejaNews, the Python 1.5.2 docs or the Python FAQ, so I'll
> > ask now.
> >
> > Can someone explain (in simple terms, for a bear of small brain) to
> > me what the modulo argument to __pow__ is for?
> >
> >  __pow__(self,other[,modulo])
>
> It's for the number of points on the stars that revolve around your
> head. bam() needs no such arg, because birdies all have exactly 2
> wings. socko() is no longer supported; which is probably why
> Universal Studios dropped out of the Python Consortium.
>
> leaving-a-bunch-of-looney-tunes-behind-ly y'rs

You forgot taz() and let's-kick-it-up-a-notch().  But I suppose you're
going to tell me the Food Channel dropped out of the Consortium too. ...

<you-thought-maybe-he-got-those-recipes-from-Guido?>-ly y'rs,
Ivan
Ivan Van Laningham
Callware Technologies, Inc.
ivanlan at callware.com
ivanlan at home.com
http://www.pauahtun.org
See also:
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70