"libmysqlclient.so.6" not found. (what does /sbin/ldconfig /usr/local/lib/mysql do ?)

sweeting at neuronet.com.my sweeting at neuronet.com.my
Mon Jul 26 16:16:53 EDT 1999

Thank you Klaus & Oleg & Thomas for the instructions on updating
/etc/ld.so.conf

>    You havn't mention your OS and version, looking for
>    ldconfig I think it is Linux.

Whilst it looked like a very Linux-life-thing, I'm actually
using FreeBSD.  We don't have /etc/ld.so.conf but I did find
'ldconfig' in the /etc/rc boot script.

Then again, Thomas' idea of the symlink was also very appealing :

> Alternatively (and imho preferable over adding to your ld.so.conf
> each time) place a symbolic link in /usr/local/lib or /usr/lib to
> point to /usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.6. That way you
> dont suffer the clutter of dos-like PATH addenda :)

A simple :

ln -s /usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.6
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.6

did the trick :-)

Thank you very much, to one and all, for your help,

chas

phd at emerald.netskate.ru

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/