Dreaded Newbie Question

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Thu Jul 22 23:26:17 EDT 1999

[Dani Epstein]
[skipping questions well-answered already]
> For the moment though my grateful thanks goes to anyone who can tell me
> how to get a file's size, and where that info is to be found in the
> references.
>
> BTW, I'm running PythonWin 1.5.1

First download 1.5.2 (1.5.1 is more than a year old, and in ways that count
<wink>).

After that, ignore all the "os.stat" stuff you've been hearing and use

    os.path.getsize(filepath)

Or use os.stat if you're more comfortable with obscurity <wink>.

&-keep-a-printout-of-the-library-manual-next-to-the-toilet-ly y'rs  - tim