Proposed Birds of a Feather Sessions at O'Reilly Conference

David Ascher da at ski.org
Wed Jul 14 14:01:46 EDT 1999

I'd like to propose a few BOF sessions for the O'Reilly Conference
(conferences.oreilly.com), and ask that folks who think they might be
interested in attending these contact me so that we can get a feel for
which BOF clashes are most important to avoid.  If you're interested
enough that you'd consider being the 'sponsor' for a BOF, let me know as
well. (suggestions for different BOFs also heartily encouraged -- these
are off the top of my head.)

Finally, if you are the author of a popular Python package or tool and
you'll be at the conference, could you email me?  (those that are on the
program need not do that =).

Tentative BOFs:

- Python and Java: JPython and friends.

- Distributed Python & CORBA: Fnorb, ILU, XML-RPC, DCOM etc.

- How to promote Python within your company.

- Python in Science and Engineering.

- Planning for Python 2.0: "yell-at-guido time"

- Using Python in system administration ("A snake among the camels")

- Python and the web.

- Python and education / Python for the people /
    Teaching Python /  Learning Python

- How to get rich quick by writing Python books.

- How to get rich quick by selling Python software.

- How to get rich quick, period.

--david ascher

PS: The deadline for 'early registration' at the O'Reilly conference is
    very soon! (July 15).  Register now and save money and get a t-shirt.