Dreaded Newbie Question

Dani Epstein spamkiller at epstein.co.uk
Fri Jul 23 08:04:03 EDT 1999

In article <000701bed4bb$20388360$2c2d2399 at tim>, Tim Peters
<tim_one at email.msn.com> writes
>First download 1.5.2 (1.5.1 is more than a year old, and in ways that count
><wink>).

Shall do.

>&-keep-a-printout-of-the-library-manual-next-to-the-toilet-ly y'rs  - tim

My throne room is already overflowing with a variety of excellent
documentation that I print out on 40 gsm paper so that it can be reused
once read. Um.

What I have found in the docs at hand (oh dear) is that there is a
definite unix bias to them, which I suppose is understandable, but makes
life terribly complicated for us Windoze fellows (and fellowettes of
course).

I presume this has changed in the latest docs.

Thanks to all for your replies. This adventure looks like its going to
mean good company as well as fun!
--

Dani Epstein