what is python?

Nick Bower nick.bower at ssec.wisc.edu
Sun Jul 18 15:25:00 EDT 1999

> the fastest way is to put it to work right away.  Therefore, I guess I'm
> trying to figure out what python excels in and then I'll allocate a
> problem-domain (in my own work) to apply it to -- hopefully this will be the
> most pragmatic approach.

I think these are the kind of questions outlined in any FAQ.  The Python
website (http://www.python.org) has exceptional help for (but not
restricted to) new programmers, including a link to an FAQ.  Perhaps the
reading the sections "1.1. What is Python?", "1.17. What is Python good
for?", Who uses Python? etc. should help you rethink your question.

cheers, nick