python core dump (SIGBUS) on Solaris

A.M. Kuchling amk at mira.erols.com
Wed Jul 7 18:59:12 EDT 1999

On Wed, 07 Jul 1999 11:25:08 -0400,
	Stephen J. Turner <sjturner at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>There's a bug in cPickle that causes heap corruption if loads is passed
>a string (as opposed to a pickled object) starting with 'g', 'h' or
>'j'.  Try applying the attached patch to the Python 1.5.2

	Wait a sec... why is it automatically trying to unpickle the
value of the cookie, when the value obviously wasn't pickled in the
first place.  While the cPickle core-dumping bug should definitely be
fixed, cookie.py also shouldn't try to unpickle things by default.

If Abaton's the unearthly reflection of all that we are, Britain's in far
worse shape than I thought.
    -- John Constantine in HELLBLAZER #93