Python interface to IBM Data Explorer?? (DX/OpenDX)

Les Schaffer godzilla at netmeg.net
Fri Jul 23 14:53:28 EDT 1999

[follow-ups set to comp.lang.python]

    >>   Has anyone developed a python interface (via SWIG or
    >> something else) for the Data Explorer visualization system?

i have been following the user and development email lists for DX for
a month or so, and havent heard anything like this yet.

the way DX gets built is there are all these library built first and
then major interface components get linked with these libs.

whether that means that these static libraries have well-enough
defined interfaces that we could SWIG 'em in, thats another.

i'd be interested in pursuing this further, if you wanna look at this
together.

les

--
____        Les Schaffer              ___| --->> Engineering R&D <<---
Theoretical & Applied Mechanics          |  Designspring, Inc.
Cornell Univ.  schaffer at tam.cornell.edu  |  les at designspring.com