Help with strings please

Sreekant Kodela sreekantk at freenet.co.uk
Thu Jul 8 21:52:12 EDT 1999

Dear all

I seem to be in trouble here. I am trying to make some cgi scripts for
my web site. I am using the postgresql as the backend db and a form
based address book and news forum etc. The problem is everything is
working ok as long as noone uses ' and " in the text. If they do, bingo
, postgres refuses to accept. I tried using string library [mainly
string.join(string.split('awkward'"'st'ring')). It works sometimes and
doesn't some times.

Any better and efficient way to deal with this situation !

Any suggestions and ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
sreekant