Two Pythons talking to each other?

Roy Smith roy at popmail.med.nyu.edu
Thu Jul 8 12:39:50 EDT 1999

Per Kistler <kistler at fnmail.com> wrote:
> But does NT and Mac have loopback IP addresses?

The Mac certainly does.

I was able to ping localhost using WhatRoute, and when I start up Telnet's
built-in ftp server, I am able to connect to it by telnetting to
"localhost.med.nyu.edu 21".  Oddly enough, Fetch was unable to connect to
localhost, giving me an "Error -1", and my telnet process crashed a little
while later, but the existance of buggy software should not be taken as
evidence that Macs do not have a loopback address :-)

Much as I think evil about NT and all things Microsoft, I would be
surprised (astonished, actually) if NT didn't handle loopback.

--
Roy Smith <roy at popmail.med.nyu.edu>
New York University School of Medicine