problem with SocketServer -- address already in use

Constantinos A. Kotsokalis C.Kotsokalis at ece.ntua.gr
Tue Jul 13 17:49:07 EDT 1999

_____________________________________________________________^^
>and tried to start it up again. I got an error message:
>
>socket.error: (98, 'Address already in use')

ctrl-Z suspends your server, so the port is still occupied.
Use ctrl-C to interrupt it and wait, or use setsockopt as Gordon
suggests and ctrl-C. In any case, you can't use that port again
with a suspened server.

  --C

Constantinos A. Kotsokalis || C.Kotsokalis at ece.ntua.gr
National Technical University of Athens - GREECE
Electrical and Computer Engineering Department
"Bus error -- driver executed."