Be gentle with me....

Thomas Hamelryck thamelry at vub.ac.be
Fri Dec 3 11:47:44 EST 1999

ajmayo at my-deja.com wrote:
[snip]
: Apart from the indentation, that is. I had trouble seeing where block
: scope ends. And if I were dynamically creating code to be runtime
: evaluated, how would I handle this easily - do I *really* have to emit
: tabs and/or the right number of spaces for each line of code. What if I
: want to continue a line of code over multiple physical lines?
[snip]

The use of indentation is IMO indeed a (very) weak point of python. Many
people however who use python like it. I've been using python for one
year now and I still deeply dislike it. However, the language is so nicely
crafted that its advantages easily outweigh the use of indentation. Hey,
no language is perfect! You might even start to like as many python users
do...

About your last question:

anything in between ( and ) can span multile lines, fortunately.

--
Cheers,

Thomas Hamelryck//Free University Brussels (VUB)
Intitute for Molecular Biology// ULTR Department
Paardestraat 65//1640 Sint-Gensius-Rode//Belgium