some random reflections of a "Python newbie": (1) books, and free sites

tim muddletin timmuddletin at news.vex.net
Fri Dec 10 19:39:15 EST 1999

alex at magenta.com (Alex Martelli) wrote:
>as Python scripts would mean any interested
>users would have to install Python -- and, with

My favorite recommendation... it's a little hacky,
but works very well for me... can create 'stand alone'
EXE package for WinXX... or various other neat little
packages to distribute...

http://starship.python.net/crew/gmcm/install.html

>Python 1.5.2, on Windows98, I keep getting
>strange crashes and blocks (with any of IDLE,

Hmmm, no strange crashes or blocks here. That is, none
that have not proven to be my own fault (besides of course
the usual regular crashes microsoft bundles with their OS
for us at no extra charge). (-: