Regex problem with JPython 1.1b4 and Java 1.2.1

Magnus L. Hetland mlh at vier.idi.ntnu.no
Thu Dec 30 18:19:55 EST 1999

mlh at vier.idi.ntnu.no (Magnus L. Hetland) writes:

> I See they have PerlTools 1.2 out, specifically supporting Java
> 1.2... Maybe I'll try that...

I tried using OROMatcher 1.1 (the newest) and had the same problem. (I
don't know if that's the version that is bundled with JPython). ORO
Inc. say that it is Java 1.2 compatible... Hm.

I tried it again (with this new installation) with Java 1.1.7B - there
I got a syntax error in the pyclbr.py file (but it didn't hang, as it
had with java 1.2.1).

Although that might not be *that* interesting, the syntax error was:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<console>", line 1, in ?
  File "/home/stud/f/mlh/java/JPython-1.1beta4/Lib/pyclbr.py", line 66
               \""" [^"\\]* (?:
                     ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

This line was part of the following expression:

_getnext = re.compile(r"""
    (?P<String>
			[^"\\]*
		    )*