FORTRAN (was Re: indentation)

Mitch Chapman chapman at bioreason.com
Wed Dec 8 19:00:57 EST 1999

Mike Steed wrote:
> > From: aahz at netcom.com [mailto:aahz at netcom.com]
> > Hmmm...  I wonder who the youngest person in this group is who has
> > actually used FORTRAN on the job.  I'm 32; I did the work twelve years
> > ago.
>
> I'm 31.  I used FORTRAN for a (mercifully brief) project, also 12 years ago.

Thanks for making me feel like both an old man and a member of a
12-step program:  I'm Mitch, I'm 35, and I used Fortran eight years ago.

We once had a programmer who thought C was a dialect of Fortran.
He wrote the second 1000+-line C function I'd ever seen.
(The first was an interrupt service routine (!) from Ultrix,
for the Vaxstation console device.  Unfortunately, I've seen many
examples since then.)

--
Mitch