Tkinter 1.5.2 ??

bowman bowman at montana.com
Sat Dec 4 21:01:52 EST 1999

Clyde Davidson <lugh at interaccess.com> wrote:

>Where can I find Tkinter 1.5.2 for Linux? I would prefer an RPM.

I have not had satifactory results installing Python (or Perl, or any
number of other distros) from RH RPMs. Get the source, and build the
package yourself. You will be guaranteed of the latest, untweaked code.

The default will install to /usr/local  while the RH stuff lives in /usr. If
you are feeling timid, go with the default, and link back to it.

I prefer to use the path option to configure and install over the RH.
Be forewarned some of RH's Python apps will break. They can be easily fixed,