Sydney scoreboard?

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at callware.com
Tue Dec 21 19:10:58 EST 1999

Hi All---

Mark Hammond wrote:

[snip]

> This is correct.  The same software is also being run at the SCG and
> at Olympic stadium for non olympic events.  Also at the new Colonial
> stadium in Melbourne, and even the Westpac stadium in Auckland!
> Python is taking over this half of the world :-)

Hey!  No fair!  It's supposed to take over this half first!

> Python is a very natural fit for this application - since embedding
> Python the software can do for the operators what they could only
> dream - in fact, I am constantly surprised how the operators have
> abused the embedded interpreter to do things that I wouldnt have
> thought feasable!

Oooh, sounds juicy.  Can you post some code?

(Seriously; it might be kind of fun to see this stuff.)

<you-have-been-visited-by-a-wrathful-demon>-ly y'rs,
Ivan
Ivan Van Laningham
Callware Technologies, Inc.
ivanlan at callware.com
ivanlan at home.com
http://www.pauahtun.org
See also:
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70
Author:  Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours