python 3D graphics

Ionel Simionescu ionel at psy.uva.nl
Fri Dec 3 05:35:55 EST 1999

Black Mantis <themantis at trojanslair.zzn.com> wrote in message
news:38475965.E80E77FB at trojanslair.zzn.com...
| Hi
|
| I am wondering if anybody has any useful information on programing in 3D
| in python. i would appreciate it very much

You get OpenGL canvases from wxPython and, I guess, Tkinter.

There is also Alice, for playing with animation. (www.alice.org)

If you mean/need only 3D data visualization, you can use DISLIN, for
example.
You also have an interface to VTK (Visualization Toolkit), recently
integrated with wxPython. There are also other native graphics packages and
interface to external libraries. Lookup the relevant SIG's.

ionel

PS
The programming itself it's up to you. :-)
You just can do it from Python.