Is there a proxy-enabled version of httplib.py anywhere?

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald at ncl.ac.uk
Fri Dec 3 09:13:04 EST 1999

> Tony McDonald <tony.mcdonald at ncl.ac.uk> wrote:
>> The subject says it all really - I believe that I'm supposed to use urllib
>> rather than httplib, but what can you do when urllib calls httplib to do
>> some calls! :(
>
> set the http_proxy environment variable,
> and be done with it? :)
>
> (urllib implements the proxy stuff on top of
> httplib.  see the code for details; especially
> the getproxies function).
>
> </F>

Sorry Fredrik, I wasn't explicit enough!

I'm ok with using urllib and environment variables, it's just that other
programs I'm using are explicitly including httplib and doing things like;

h=httplib.HTTP(host)

which then goes nowhere.

Or am I missing something really obvious here? (it wouldn't be the first
time I've done that...)

many thanks,
Tone.