use map() to call object methods?

Grant Edwards grant at nowhere.
Thu Dec 9 17:50:43 EST 1999

If I've got a list of objects "objList", all of which implement
a method named "get", and I want a list of the results of
calling that method on all of the objects, is this the best
way to do that?

  getList = map(lambda x: x.get(), objList)

The alternative would be something like:

  getList = []
  for x in objList:
    getList.append(x.get())

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  You must be a CUB
                                  at               SCOUT!! Have you made your