X display visual

Randall Hopper aa8vb at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 9 08:03:50 EST 1999

Piers Lauder:
 |Randall Hopper <aa8vb at yahoo.com> wrote:
 | >
 | > To be more robust, pick a visual returned by:
 | >
 | >  root.winfo_visualsavailable()
 |
 |Just for the record, this particular Tkinter method
 |doesn't work on either my Linux or Solaris boxes:
 |	TypeError: illegal argument type for built-in operation

 |To track doesn what exactly *is* being returned, I tried:

 |	'{truecolor 24}'
 |	TypeError: illegal argument type for built-in operation

Sounds like this could be the same problem that the MSWin user hit since
MSWin versions have only one visual as well.

Feel free to file a bug report on this via the Python bug form:

      http://www.python.org/search/search_bugs.html

or if you don't want to, let me know and I'll put one in.

--
Randall Hopper
aa8vb at yahoo.com