trouble with python 1.5.2 install on win98

X CB XX at XX.COM
Fri Dec 3 15:47:55 EST 1999

Found it!  Fixed it!

Just in case someone else had the same problem I had...

"Apparently some tcl based program stomped all over my tcl install."  was
the case this time.
It seems that some program installed versions of tk*.dlls to my
winnt/system32 directory and as you all know this directory is by default
first in the search order.  Rename 'em and IDLE mysteriously and wonderfully
works..

news:4Hc14.1553$uI1.107478 at news2.giganews.com...