SPSS support unfriendly

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at alpha1.csd.uwm.edu
Sun Dec 26 17:08:42 EST 1999

This is the christmas rant about SPSS, Inc. and its support department.
They would not help me, though there is a bug in SPSS for Windows v9.0.1.
because I used python to script it.

I thought I just let you know. :)
On the other hand I have good experience with Mark Hammond's support
for the win32 extensions. He also confirmed that SPSS' COM server just throws
the towel there, without giving the client more to work with.

Here is part of my communications with them (some personal stuff blacked out):