A couple MacPython questions...

Jason Harper 76703.4222 at CompuServe.COM
Sun Dec 26 23:33:09 EST 1999

1. The Mac's Desktop isn't really expressible in terms of a pathname
- it's actually the union of the Desktop Folders on all mounted
volumes (and you can't count on that name, you should use
macfs.FindFolder() to get the proper, localized name).  However, the
code you posted should at least partially work, and indeed it does
on my system - I suspect that your Desktop items are all on a
different volume than 'Macintosh HD:', or that you don't actually
have any files or folders on your desktop (disks, servers, and the
Trash don't count).

3. If the file you're trying to turn into an applet is big, you may
need to allocate more memory to BuildApplet - select it in the
Finder, then choose Get Info from the File menu.  The default is
less than 2MB.