Python Powered Logo

Jeff Bauer jbauer at rubic.com
Sun Dec 19 07:10:11 EST 1999

> I am working slowly but steadily on my Web site which
> will use a lot of Python CGI scripts and I would like
> to use the "Python Powered" logo (the same as the one
> at www.python.org).  Does any of you know who should
> I ask about a permission?

http://www.python.org/psa/Logo.html

License
  Just van Rossum, hereafter referred to as THE DESIGNER,
  herewith grants anyone using Python (THE USER) the right
  to use the above shown logo (THE LOGO), containing the
  slogan "Python Powered" (THE SLOGAN), for the sole purpose
  to promote the Python Programming Language (PYTHON) and
  nothing else. THE DESIGNER claims full copyright of THE
  LOGO excluding THE SLOGAN which was invented by several
  people at the same time, so they should yack it out
  themselves. Blah blah blah blah. Blah NO WARRANTIES blah
  blah EXPLICIT blah blah blah blah OR IMPLIED blah blah
  blah. Blah. Blah blah Unlimited Redistribution of THE LOGO
  by THE USER in Unmodified State is Allowed blah blah blah
  blah provided that THE USER does not Charge for THE LOGO
  or the viewing or transmission thereof blah blah blah blah
  blah blah. By looking at THE LOGO, you agree with this
  LICENSE. If you do not agree with this LICENSE, you had
  better not looked at THE LOGO.

  copyright © 1997 Just van Rossum

---
Jeff Bauer