Python/cgi Was: Very useful message -- Hah!

Dan Grassi Dan at Grassi.com
Sun Dec 5 18:23:13 EST 1999

in article slrn84lrkj.m5t.wtanksle at hawking.armored.net, William Tanksley at
wtanksle at hawking.armored.net wrote on 12/5/99 5:56 PM:

> I think I see what you're saying, but what you need isn't a new version of
> Python, but rather an application (or library) which does something
> different from what CGI does.  You asked us about CGI, and then you
> complained when Python implemented it correctly.

OK, so the answer is to use php and not python on the web.  So sad when
pytjon is a much better language than php.  I had hoped to have one language
I could use for many things and that that language was going to be python.
But it seems that I will use python for many things and php for the web.  I
can live with that.

> Anyhow, what you want is likely already available -- if there's nothing
> else, you can always use Zope, which is everything you need for a web app
> all put together and made web-editable.

Yes, I have looked at that.  The main stumbling block is the in-availability
of ZOPE from IHPs.

Dan