Python 1.5.2 thread support

Leonel Silva leonel at sdm.pt
Wed Dec 15 11:44:11 EST 1999

Hello,

I have downloaded Zope 2.1.1 (source) and tried to install it on a PowerMac
running MacOS X Server (after installing Python 1.5.2 bin compiled for MacOS
X Server) unfortunately when I run the command python w_pcgi.py it returns
the error  "Zope requires Python thread support". Does any one have a
solution for this?

I even tried to compile Python from the source (since the bin generated the
above error) without any success, the same error occurs.

It seems that I can't enable Python thread support even if I compile it from
the source.

Leonel Joao Silva
Information Systems Manager