time.time and again.

Kilian Lorenz kilian.lorenz at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Tue Dec 14 10:10:41 EST 1999

Tesla Coil wrote:

> Very new to Python and wondering if there's a function
> like UN*X at(1) hidden away in a module, or if it would
> need written from scratch.  I know there's time.sleep(),
> but looking for something more like "do this at 13:45."

Hi,

I'm no big Un*x- nor Python-Guru, but I think the "at"-program works
somehow very complicated by storing a file in the directory
/var/spool/atjobs/ or
somewhere ... and later the crondaemon executes that stuff (perhaps ?!).
Anyway, if you are already working on a Un*x-mashine, I would propose
doing it like this:

import os
os.system('at ....') # your at-call like you used to do it before

Regards, Kilian