Tkinter/IDLE crash

dg see at my.sig
Tue Dec 14 13:46:30 EST 1999

In article <000c01bf4553$5e739b20$9e2d153f at tim>, tim_one at email.msn.com
spoke thusly:
> [dg]
> > I have Python 1.5.2 on an NT box and I can run python ok but
> > whenever I try to run pythonw or idle, I get nothing.
>
> Well, pythonw's purpose in life is *not* to show you anything, so that one
> isn't surprising.
>
> > There is a slight pause, as if something is being loaded, but then
> > I'm back at the command line with no app running.
>
> WRT the IDLE problem, check the FAQ and/or DejaNews for things that can go
> wrong with your Tcl/Tk installation.  Make sure that's working *before*
> messing with IDLE.  You may have a conflicting set of Tcl DLLs on your
> system.
>
> Get into a DOS box Python and try this:

> Chances are it will fail; the msgs you get will help you to fix it.

Yes, I had discovered this a couple days ago.  What happens is an error
messages that says init_tcl cannot be found.  However the list of places
that the program is looking for init_tcl bear no relation to where it was
installed.  I've checked the registry entries for Python and they appear
to be ok according to what is published at python.org.  Any ideas where
to look next?  Thanks.
--
Don Groves  (dgroves_ccwebster_net)
Replace underscores to get my email address.