How to build the Python Numeric double array in a C extension module?

Wojciech Zabolotny wzab at ise.pw.edu.pl
Wed Dec 8 12:10:08 EST 1999

Hi All,

I have to write a C extension module for DSP with Python. One of its
function will be to read the signal samples from DAQ system or from
disk file. To do it efficiently, I have to be able to build an float
or double Python Numeric array in my C function.
The Py_BuildValue function does not seem to be able to do it,
or the format specifiers given in my /usr/doc/python/html/ext/buildValue.html
are not complete.
In the Python Numeric doc I couldn't find anything about writing C
extensions working with this module.

 How to solve my problem, or where to find the more detailed info about
interfacing the Python Numeric module?

 Please Cc the answers to wzab at ise.pw.edu.pl
--
			TIA
                        Wojciech Zabolotny
			wzab at ise.pw.edu.pl
                        http://www.ise.pw.edu.pl/~wzab

Build your free Data Acquisition System:
http://www.ise.pw.edu.pl/~wzab/picadc/picadc.html