Executing a script.

Arinte jamarijr at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 31 12:23:30 EST 1999

I am trying to run a .py file, but for some reason I keep getting a
null pointer exception???  I get this exception when I use PyRun_AnyFile
like so:

	FILE* fname;
	Py_Initialize();
	fname = fopen(name,"r");
	Py_InitModule("poss", Exposem);
	cout<<Py_GetPath()<<endl;
	if(fname!=NULL){
		PyRun_AnyFile(fname,"Beer");
	}
	else
		cout<<"File didn't open";

I changed it to use PyRun_SimpleString, and it worked fine.  I figure I
could keep on using SimpleString, but I want to handle Python
exceptions, so I can do the traceback thing.  So, that means I need to
use PyRun_String, but I don't understand what the parameters in it are
for?  So, if no one can figure why I am getting the Null pointer trap
for PyRun_AnyFile, can I get some help on using PyRun_String?  How bout
a quick synapses on getting exceptions in your c program too?

TIA
I am using NT 4.0 (sp 5) and MSVC 6.0 (sp3) if the makes a difference.
jamarijr at fakehotmail.com
erase the fake of course.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.