smtp and the From header field

Asle Pedersen apederse at siving.hia.no
Wed Dec 15 06:39:09 EST 1999

While testing the smtp library I have not been able to figure out how to use
the different formats of the FROM header. It is usuall to place in addition
to the email-address also the name of the person holding the address in the
FROM field. Do anyone have experience in using the SMPT libray to place such
information in the From field?
Investigating the library it seems that it checks the from field for
conformity with RFC822 but I don't think there is anything wrong
syntactically in the data I'm placing there.

Asle Pedersen