Tkinter/IDLE crash

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Wed Dec 15 05:47:54 EST 1999

[/F]
> the info on this page might help:
> http://www.pythonware.com/people/fredrik/fyi/fyi02.htm
>
> cannot recall ever seeing messages about "init_tcl",
> though...

I have:  it's the same old thing:  Tcl is confused for the same old reasons,
and we trot out the same old delicate workarounds <wink>.  IIRC, the
"init_tcl" msg is produced by a Tcl script that lives in Tcl's static C
string data and is eval'ed by Tcl at startup!  It means *some* Tcl got found
and is even starting, but can't find its libraries (specifially
bin/tcl8.0/init.tcl).

scriptics-should-study-python-for-a-day-ly y'rs  - tim