win32com: subclass a com object?

tiddlerdeja at my-deja.com tiddlerdeja at my-deja.com
Sun Dec 12 13:29:31 EST 1999

I'm fairly new to python and am currently using it to script COM
objects.

I'd like to know how to subclass or derive from a existing COM object.
This subclass would implemented as a COM object itself. The "create a
COM object in python" I can do. It's just the inheritance I can't. I'd
like then to override a method of the base class in the derived class.
(I have run makepy.py over the existing/base COM object already).

I'm no COM expert either by the way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, an aside question about win32com. Would someone use win32com just
to avoid paying for a VB license to develop COM object? Or are there
actual benefit to scripting COM in python? Is COM simpler in python?

Thanks again.

Kieran

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.