browser interface?

William Tanksley wtanksle at hawking.armored.net
Wed Dec 8 01:20:56 EST 1999

On Wed, 08 Dec 1999 04:52:27 +0000, Bob Horvath wrote:
>OK, I see your point.  I have been looking at Zope and have not been able to get off of
>the ground with it, so I thought suggesting it to someone that is still trying to
>figure out CGI might be a little ambitious....

Personally, when I started with Zope, not only did I not know any CGI, I
didn't even know much HTML.  I consider Zope one of the greatest possible
ways to learn HTML while building a working webpage.

Especially when you have an experienced webmonger providing things like
stylesheets.  (Sam did the main HTML coding, I did the research to learn
Zope, and we each learned from the other's mistakes.)

The problem with Zope is that there's so little coherent documentation.
You have to be kind of adventurous.  Fortunately, Zope favors the brave
with unlimited arbitrary undo.

Someday someone will write a book on learning HTML using Zope.  It will
succeed.  I have forseen it.

--
-William "Billy" Tanksley, in hoc signo hack