Pythonwin: any plans for COM+?

nyamatongwe at my-deja.com nyamatongwe at my-deja.com
Thu Dec 30 22:54:12 EST 1999

> Neil,
>   Is Platt's "Understanding COM+" considered reasonable by "the
> knowledgable"?  It's not very technical, but I just wanted a high-
> level overview.

   I can't claim to really still be one of "the knowledgable" as I
dropped out of serious COM work 6 months ago.

   I haven't read this book. COM+ was still changing as recently as
September when the In Memory DataBase and Component Load Balancing were
dropped from the initial release so the book which was released in July
is already out of date. Or before its time if these features do
eventually turn up.

   A quick look around shows not too much positive or negative comment
about it so it is probably OK. The DCOM mailing list is a good place to
search for topics like this
http://discuss.microsoft.com/archives/dcom.html

   Neil Hodgson

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/