Anyone else making music with python?

BALAJI YOGESH K.V. balaji.yogesh at wipro.com
Thu Dec 23 00:30:08 EST 1999

Hi,
What is csound format and where do I get the csound module.
I am using Windows-NT 4.0 and Python 1.51.

I am not able to play sound in NT. But your website marks that
any platform with python should be fine for psyco.

Pls give me more info on how to make this work in NT.

regards,
balaji

Paul Winkler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am I the only one crazy enough to make music directly in python
> scripts? i.e. not with an application but by programming the
> composition...
>
> I've been working on a module to help me do exactly that. I  use the
> module to generate csound scores and do nice things like keep track
> of tempo changes for me. I'm discovering lots of interesting
> problems along the way and actually managing to make a little music.
> Eventually I hope to abstract the data away from csound scores so it
> could output various types of musical data (midi, csound, cmix,
> whatever). No need to define a new file format for saving this
> abstract data-- pickle will do nicely!
>
> I would very much like to hear opinions, advice, improvements,
> bugfixes, etc. Especially there are some big problems in the TODO
> list I need to solve soon.  So far it is procedural in style but I'm
> beginning to see how an OO design might hellp.
>
> The module is called pysco, and currently lives at:
> http://www.ulster.net/~abigoo/pw_linux/code.html#pysco
>
> Current version is pysco 0.0.2.
>
> --
> ................    paul winkler    ..................
> slinkP arts:   music, sound, illustration, design, etc.
> A member of ARMS    ----->    http://www.reacharms.com
> or http://www.mp3.com/arms or http://www.amp3.net/arms
> personal page   ---->    http://www.ulster.net/~abigoo
> --

  |  |  /     | wrongs | Balaji Yogesh K.V.       |
 _|  |_ \  ___| won't  | balaji.yogesh at wipro.com  |
 \    /  \|     make a | Wipro Technologies,India.|
  \  /  ___|\   right. | +91 80 5539134. ext:148  |
       |___  /      \    3 lefts will.        \ _/