Python suitability

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Tue Dec 14 10:52:38 EST 1999

Nemeth Miklos <nemeth at iqsoft.hu> wrote:
[snip]
>> I do find Zope a bit slow - even when I browse a Zope database on a
>> machine on my local network.

> Again I am very sad! I wanted to start a new department in our company
> developing ecommerce applications. I am on the point of selecting a
> development environment. Untill now I would voted for Apache+SSL + Zope
> 2.1, but I am also thinking of using Apache+SSL + PHP or ApacxheSSL +
> mod_perl.
> Do you not think Zope would be a good platform for our projects?

Zope's fast enough to withstand slashdotting (www.technocrat.net has
been slashdotted a couple of times). Zope's own site is quite heavily used
(there were statistics posted to the Zope mailing list) and is in Zope.
Boudewijn was comparing the management interface (over the network in a
browser) with a native GUI interface. Any web interface is slower than a
native GUI, of course.

Regards,

Martijn