Why can pyhton deal with a big project?

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Mon Dec 20 16:19:17 EST 1999

Hirofumi Furusawa writes:
 > Now I understand Tcl lacks namespace management.

  Actually, Tcl now has support for namespaces, though I've not used
them since I've not used Tcl for several years.  Perhaps someone could
summarize the Tcl approach?  I'd be interested in hearing the 5-minute
overview.

 > Also I don't know very much about Perl for larger project. Can you say perl
 > lacks namespace ability same as Tcl?

  There's some namespace support, but I don't know how well-used it
it.  My own thought on Perl is simply that it's hard to read, so
others may (legitimately) say otherwise.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake at acm.org>