Microsoft Python product?

Robin Dunn robin at alldunn.com
Wed Dec 22 00:06:42 EST 1999

"Randy Edwards" <redwards at golgotha.net> wrote in message
news:38603196.4EA438BD at golgotha.net...
> I just got the O'Reilly book on Python and am working my way through it.  I
> was surprised to see mention of a Microsoft product which was supposed to
be
> written partially in Python.
>
> Since I'm such a *big* Microsoft fan :-), I have to ask, what MS product(s)
> was written partially in Python?  TIA.

Here is the gossip as I heard it:

Commerce Server was written in Python with some C extensions when MS aquired
(assimilated) the company that built it.  The 1.0 release under the MS name
was practically the same code.  Later releases phased out Python modules bit
by bit.  About a year or so ago I remember reading comments from somebody who
had just installed CS and was surprised to find some .py files and apparently
a 1.4 level Python interpreter still there.

--
Robin Dunn
Software Craftsman