DB-API-oriented example scripts?

Skip Montanaro skip at mojam.com
Fri Dec 10 01:20:28 EST 1999

I'm gearing up to try and replace a lot of homegrown database code with
MySQL using the MySQLdb module.  I'm not much of a relational database
person, however, so I'm fairly unfamiliar with the computational model
expected by the Python DB API.  I can muddle my way through SQL.  The
MySQLdb module comes with no example code as far as I could tell however,
and relies heavily on the 2.0 version of the Python DB API spec for docs,
which contains no examples.

Are there any good examples of how to use this API available?  I saw a
reference to a Linux Journal article on the db sig's page which I will take
a look at.  I saw nothing that looked like pointers to example code in the
Vaults of Parnassus.

Any suggestions?

Thx,

Skip Montanaro | http://www.mojam.com/
skip at mojam.com | http://www.musi-cal.com/
847-971-7098   | Python: Programming the way Guido indented...