Help?? Struct packing of Date time not has stopped working??!?!

Benjamin Schollnick junkster at nospam.rochester.rr.com
Thu Dec 16 22:09:56 EST 1999

On Thu, 16 Dec 1999 12:10:05, "Klaus Baldermann"
<kbaldermann at entire-systems.com> wrote:

> >Is there someway to have telnetlib return BINARY data directly?
>
> Now THIS is the key. After a bit more checking the time server's output
> as returned by telnetlib I found out that several characters are not
> passed through (Nulls, Control-Q, etc). After a look at telnetlib.py
> it became obvious that telnetlib is too sophisticated for our purpose.
> A simple socket should do, see below

<Head Slap>

Of course!

The Telnet library is filtering the data, looking for
telnet related command sequences....

I never though about using a *PURE* socket for this,
I was looking for something relative "fast" in development
time.

Hmmmm....

Thanks for the suggestion, and clearing my head alittle!

		- Benjamin