htmllib question - Is this the best tool for my task?

feoh at cosmic.com feoh at cosmic.com
Thu Dec 30 12:44:10 EST 1999

Folks;

I have a task where I need to figure out if certain HTML tags (Rather
Java Server Pages tags, but they're still HTML, kinda :) contain certain
things in an HTML document I'd feed to the script.

I'm thinking htmllib is the right tool for this task, am I wrong?

So as far as I understand things thus far, I should subclass HTMLParser,
define start_java and end_java tag functions.. But where from there?

How do I get a hold of the text within the tag I'm processing? None of
this is clear from the htmllib doc.

Thanks!
-Chris P.
Chris Patti    feoh at cosmic.com    Geek at Large