Declaring COM-interfaces in Python?

Reini Urban rurban at xarch.tu-graz.ac.at
Tue Dec 14 17:09:41 EST 1999

Mark Hammond wrote:
>Richard Smol wrote in message <38562ebd.0 at pandora.research.kpn.com>...
>>Is it possible to declare COM-interfaces in Python? I need to build
>>a COM-server that implements several interfaces.
>>
>>If that is not possible, what ways are there to implement
>>interfaces in Python?
>
>If you want to implement new vtable based interfaces, Im afraid you have to
>create a new extension module in C++.  The good news is that there is a tool
>that does a good job of generating C++ code from an interface's .h file (as
>long as the .h was generated from the .idl)  Mail me if you want to do
>this...
>
>There is some work underway on a way to handle this on the fly, but its
>still early days for that...

And dispinterfaces?

I would like to have user-defined callbacks for example.
i.e. controlable OLE controls, where you can add events (hard) and
IDispatch functionality, methods and props, (simple) at run-time.

Currently I'm trying to do that in LISP (we can do that in lisp, even
with fast vtables), but perl or pythonwin look also promising. The
static rest of the croud (VB, java, C, C++, Delphi) would have to stand
back then.
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/autocad/news/faq/autolisp.html