Python newbie

skaller skaller at maxtal.com.au
Tue Dec 28 14:08:55 EST 1999

John Ratcliff wrote:

> Thanks for all of the informative messages.  It certainly sounds like Python
> may be the language I want to use.  A few more quick questions.  Is there a
> C++ implementation of Python?  I really prefer *not* to put a large
> collection of C code into my C++ application if I can avoid it.

	As you know, ISO C is pretty much a subset of ISO C++.
The current CPython implementation is 'almost' ISO C++ compliant.
The code quality is very good. If you want details on ISO C++
compliance, send me an email. [But don't ask me about ANSI C++,
I have no idea what that is, I'm Australian :-]

John Skaller, mailto:skaller at maxtal.com.au
10/1 Toxteth Rd Glebe NSW 2037 Australia
homepage: http://www.maxtal.com.au/~skaller
voice: 61-2-9660-0850