Scoping for Tkinter Variables.

Dave Rose dave.rose at wcom.com
Wed Dec 1 16:25:34 EST 1999

Has anyone out there run into problems with Tkinter variables (e.g. PY_VAR0
... Tkinter.Int_Var).  I am using a MessageDialog box from Pmw and when I
call the Message Dialog box the dialog box functions fine, but when the
program attempts to exit normally, it does not exit.  It appears through
some level of debugging that it is waiting for a Tkinter call wait_variable.
Anybody that might know what causes this, it would be greatly appreciated.
It may have something to do with scoping, but in this instance, I am not
creating the variable and therefore can not control  its scope.

Thanks
Dave Rose