Python port on Open Edition

Martin Eggen martineg at ifi.uio.no
Sun Dec 19 00:21:01 EST 1999

* Bill Scherer
| http://www2.s390.ibm.com/products/oe/python.html
|
| Theist wrote:
|
| > I was unable to find the Python binaries for IBM OS390 Open
| > Edition (a Unix variant running on IBM mainframes). Does
| > anyone know if there is such a thing?
| >
| > Thanks,
| > Raj
| > --

Well, those are just patches for 1.4. I have not been able to get
Python 1.5.x (or 1.4, for what it's worth) to compile on OS390V2R5
(also tried on R7). That is, it compiles nicely, but I got the
weirdest problems linking it. It's been a while since I played around
with it, but binaries (or proper patches for 1.5) would sure be nice.
Nice to see other than me has been trying to get it to work, though. :)

--
Martin Eggen <martineg at ifi.uio.no>
http://www.stud.ifi.uio.no/~martineg/